Do you want to have retro maps in your game or more familiar with editors like TrenchBroom? Import Quake maps directly in Godot.
- Natively import .map files into Godot and convert them into a usable scene tree
- Brush geometry
- Textures and customized UVs
- Convex and concave collision volumes
- Gameplay entities
- FGD (Forge Game Data) export for custom game definitions
- Configurable scene population
- Leverages the map format’s classname and key/value property systems
- Spawn and configure custom Godot scenes and scripts based on entities defined in the map editor
- Define the visual and collision properties of brush entities on a per-classname basis
- TrenchBroom Integration
- Simple, intuitive map editor with a strong feature set
- TrenchBroom game configurations can be exported for tighter workflow integration
- Nested TrenchBroom groups can be used to build a tree hierarchy from the format’s standard flat structure
- Copy addons/qodot into your project
- In the Godot Editor, go to Project Settings > Plugins and enable the Qodot plugin
Create a QodotMap node and assign a .map file to it.
For a more detailed guide, visit this link.